Tuesday, March 11, 2014

AN INVITATION TO "DIANA"

Dear "Diana" (sorry, I must put your name in quotes since I don't know if it's your real name):

Jesus tells us:

“If your brother* sins [against you], go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have won over your brother." (Mt. 18:15)

Since I continuously get comments saying "Diana says..." it appears that you are the spokesperson for those whom I have "sinned against". Thus, I would like to invite you to a personal meeting, just between you and me, as the scripture says, so you can tell me my fault. I promise I will listen to you without interruption. I also want to hear all you would like to tell me about the Neocatechumenal Way. I promise to only listen and I will not post anything about the content of our meeting on this blog. 

We will meet in a public place, a restaurant or something. I'll even buy. (I prefer breakfast.) 

While we probably will not "win" the other over to anything, I believe it is time for Christian dialogue. I understand that you may not think of me as a Christian. I understand, but I am at least willing to respectfully listen to what you have to say. If I have questions, I will request a second meeting so as not to interrupt you. 

Our meeting may not amount to anything at all, and may in fact, confirm us even more in our positions, but at least we will have done what Christ wants Christians to do. At least we can try. 

My invitation is open. You know my name. You know my email address. You know how to reach me. Please contact me at your earliest convenience. 

P.S. In the name of Christian honesty, please do not send someone else. Thank you for understanding.

P.P.S. As a sign of my sincerity I will not allow any comments to this specific post and I will impose a moratorium on myself to not make any other posts until 11pm, Thursday, 3/13/14. I hope to hear from you before then.

No comments:

Post a Comment